A few weeks back, Celina of The Celution tagged me to put together the AM/PM Routine Tag. I'm a bit late on getting my put up, but sometimes it takes a bit of time to get that perfect snap! I love the concept of sharing your daily routines, how you start off on a productive note, and how you wind down for the day so this tag was extra fun to answer.
1. What is your morning beauty routine? My routine is pretty simple, I was my face with Glossier's Milky Jelly cleanser and while my skin is drying I'll brush my teeth. I follow up with the Glossier Priming Moisturizer and Balm Dotcom to get my skin ready for makeup. On mornings when I have extra time, I love doing face masks! There is something so nice and refreshing about switching it up and doing on in the morning. Glossier's masks are my go-to.
2. What's for breakfast? Coffee, always coffee. I'm not huge on breakfast food early in the morning - I'll eat a big meal at brunch, but on normal work-day mornings when I'm up early I don't want much food. I tend to stick to one of three things, a small bit of yogurt (I keep mine in the freezer and before eating I let it thaw a bit so it's like frozen yogurt in the morning), some toast with peanut butter on it, or a bowl of cereal.
3. Coffee or tea? As you saw above...coffee, for sure. I'm definitely one of those people who doesn't function all too well without a cup. I love the act of grinding my own coffee to brew, it's such a huge part of my morning. I like super dark coffee (my favorite is Blanchard's RVA Blend) and I add a splash of almond milk creamer and that's it.
4. How long does it take to get out the door? About 40 minutes is pretty standard give or take a bit. It depends on my hair situation really - if I'm on second and third day hair I'm out the door much faster.
5. What is your go-to makeup look on a fuss-free morning? Becca Backlight Priming Filter, Dior's Forever Fluid Foundation or BB Cream, and IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye to start with. I'll run Glossier's Boy Brow through my brows to plump them up. Then I'll skip shadow and liner and just layer up my lashes with a ton of mascara. Right now it's a combo of Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes and MAC Extended Lash Play. I'll throw on some bronzer (MUFE Pro Bronze Fusion Bronzer) and a bit of highlighter to finish up the look. Balm Dotcom is always on my lips.
6. What is your evening beauty routine? I usually remove my makeup in the shower, again using Glossier's Milky Jelly. If I need to exfoliate I'll do it in the shower as well with Kate Somerville's ExfoliKate. I try to do face masks once or twice a week and right now my favorite combo is to first use Glossier's Mega Greens Galaxy Pack for a detox/extra cleanse and then follow it up with the Glossier Moisturizing Moon Mask. I always throw on Glossier's Priming Moisturizer before bed as well. If I wash my hair I try (try being the key word) to style it to some extent because it makes the morning easier, but that doesn't always happen! (Hands up if you often end up going to bed with wet hair too!)
7. Snack time! What's in the bowl? Most of the time...ice cream. I have a huge sweet tooth and love having dessert at night. If I'm trying to stay away from the sweets I'll grab another yogurt from the freezer for a faux-froyo treat.
8. How do you wind down and prep for bed? I know it's not the best, but usually by catching up on YouTube videos. I wish I was someone who cut off all the electronics and picked up a book but that rarely happens. Since I'm in the car most of the day and out and about at meetings I'm not always able to check social media/YouTube/etc so before bed is my favorite time to do all of that.
9. Cozy up! What are you wearing to sleep? I have two modes - either a giant XL band tshirt or a matching pj set. My favorite ones are the silky/satin VS sets. Next on my list are the white and grey striped set that is full length.
10. What are some things you must do before hitting in the hay? I always have to set my alarms (all four of them). I'm totally OCD about making sure those are on. I also check my calendar for the next day to make sure I know where I need to be, and how much time I need to give myself to get to my meetings. Lastly I throw on a bit of Balm Dotcom.
Below are all of the products I mentioned using & now, I tag the following people!