The other week I was tagged by the lovely Sarah to participate in "The Blush Tag". While I knew most all of my blushes look the same; (oops who's also guilty of this?!) I was still excited to dig through my collection and put this post together. Read on for all my answers and to see who I tagged as well!
1. What blush color suits you the most?I tend to stick with neutral shades - that light pinkish/brown that sits right in the middle. Nothing too muddy, but nothing super bright either. Like most things in makeup, I relate it to a "Kylie Jenner color". Clearly I'm a little more than obsessed with her!
2. Pressed, cream, or loose blush?For the most part pressed, that's what most of my collection tends to me. I do absolutely adore my cream Tom Ford blush for summer though. It's also on the brighter side, so it's a fun one to pull out when my skin is nice and bronzy/glowy.
3. Favorite shimmery blush?I have two - NARS 'Madly' and Charlotte Tilbury 'First Love'. The NARS one is way more on the shimmery side, but still gorgeously neutral. Charlotte Tilbury's offering is a combo of shimmer and matte - and when swirled together they are gorgeous!
4. Favorite matte blush?Again, I've got two! NARS 'Douceur' and Tarte 'Exposed' - which are almost basically the same unless you're like me and obsessed with neutral blushes. 'Douceur' has sadly been discontinued, so if you don't own that/can't score one off eBay then 'Exposed' is your new bff!
5. Favorite cream blush?Like I mentioned before, this one has to go to my Tom Ford blush in 'Pink Sand'. Not only is the packaging unreal, the color is just beautiful. It's the most gorgeous blush for summer when you've got a tan and super glowing skin. I've seen a lot of people mention that the H&M blushes are similar (especially in their packaging) to the TF ones. I've never tried them, but I'm definitely curious to see if they make a good dupe.
6. Favorite drugstore blush?Hands down Milani. Their baked blushes are just amazing! They are a spot on dupe for Hourglass and 'Luminoso' is just unreal. It's the perfect peachy, neutral.
7. Favorite high-end blush?
Do I have to pick just one?! I'm such a high end junkie with stuff like this. At the moment, I'm going to give this one to Charlotte Tilbury. The combo of having the matte color in the center and the shimmer on the outer ring is just brilliant. Plus the colors blend together beautifully. However, based on the photo above you'll see that I have a serious addiction/loyalty to my NARS blushes. They are just so good!
8. Favorite bright blush?I'm basically the worst at sticking to rules during tags so....we're gonna go with two here again. NARS 'Desire' and NARS 'Liberté'. Desire is an amazing cool-toned hot pink that looks terrifying in the pan but is actually beautiful one. 'Liberté' is a gorgeous burnt orangey shade. I don't pull it out a ton and I have to be super light handed with it, but it's super pretty with minimal makeup and a good tan!
9. Biggest blush disappointment/regret?Hmm, this one is hard. I'm going to have to go with a MAC Beauty Powder on this one. It was part of a limited collection and this gorgeous coral color, but it just did not translate from the pan onto the skin well. I know they are a subtle product, but felt like it just did nothing. Have you guys tried any of their Beauty Powders? Let me know if you have any you love!
10. Number 1 Holy Grail Blush?
For a while there it was NARS 'Madly', but lately I've been reaching for the Charlotte Tilbury 'First Love' more than anything. Even though it's newer to my collection, it's slowly becoming a total holy grail for me!